The Advisory Board
Large deliberative bodies function best with an active committee structure. All committees will offer recommendations to the full board for its action. The Advisory Board includes the following committees:
- Oversight of Advisory Board Executive Director & Staff, office budget review. Statutorily required. In certain circumstances, this committee can act for the full board.
- Oversight and review of all MBTA operating budget items.
- Oversight and review of MBTA capital spending plans with particular focus on the annual Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and quinquennial Program for Mass Transportation (PMT).
Commuter Rail Committee
- Oversight of Commuter Rail operations, review of operating contract process, discussions about the future of commuter rail expansion/ transformation and Commuter Rail pilots.
- Oversight of better bus program, bus network re-design, Green Line transformation, Red & Orange Line transformation, and review of bus rapid transit pilots.
- Oversight of ferry operations, review of ferry contract process, and discussions about the future of ferry service, ferry pilots.
Fare Collection Committee
- Oversight of AFC 2.0 project including implementation and operation with focus on items of municipal interest.
- Review and re-write MBTA Advisory Board By-laws
Ad hoc Committees
- Short duration committees formed from time-to-time to review specific issues outside the charge of the current committee structure.